If your songwriting goals include performing live in front of audiences (whether as the artist or to pitch to artists), then you will want to attend this special limited-time Atlanta Songwriters Club Meet Up.
The focus for this event will be to perform a two- or three-song set for the sole purpose of getting stage presence feedback.
If you'd like to simply attend, observe and learn, that's fine, too.
$5 Door – $15 Door
Doors @ 1 PM
Door is Cash Only.
If your songwriting goals include performing live in front of audiences (whether as the artist or to pitch to artists), then you will want to attend this special limited-time meetup.
The focus for this event will be to perform a two- or three-song set for the sole purpose of getting stage presence feedback.*
1. Bring two or three songs ready to perform live.
2. Bring your instrument. (Keyboard will be supplied, but if you want to bring your own keyboard, that will be fine.)
3. For those performing to mixed tracks: DO NOT SING OVER YOURSELF. Bring performance-quality mixed tracks with main vocals — what you will sing — dropped out.
COST TO PERFORM:
$10: Two finished songs presented.
$15: Three finished songs presented.
PERFORMERS, PLEASE NOTE:
You will sign up for a slot when you get there. You may pick the performance slot you want from what is available. Doors will open at 1:00. Start time is 2:00.
COST ONLY TO ATTEND, WATCH, LEARN: $5
All attendees will have opportunity to fill out a critique sheet for each performer if they want to. Get your sheets while they last. If you want to print out your own sheets and bring them with you, feel free by downloading the performance critique sheet here.
WE WILL FOCUS ON:
• Audience engagement techniques (getting on and leaving stage, speaking)
• Transitioning between songs (introduction of song, backstory, why they should care, etc.)
• Posture and movement on stage (use of microphone and instruments to move the action forward, get attention, and/or control audience expectations)
• Dress/Costuming (what matches your performance, makes you look good, does not distract from your performance)
• Presentation of song (how you express emotion of the song)
*The focus of this special meetup will not be on the mix, lyrics, or the craft of songwriting.